Famous Quotes From Buddha
There is much wisdom to be found in the teachings of Buddhism. Buddha’s philosophy can offer a person a lot of guidance on how to live their life. Here are some famous quotes from Buddha on enlightenment, love and our mind.
On Achieving Enlightenment
- “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.” – Buddha states that it is we who can help ourselves and no one else.
- “Purity or impurity depends on oneself, no one can purify another.” – Buddha says that whether you are a pure soul or not that depends on you. No one else can judge you.
- “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” – Inner peace comes from within, you cannot get it from the outer world.
- “Radiate boundless love towards the entire world.” – It is our duty to spread limitless love to the world.
- “Love is a gift of one’s innermost soul to another so both can be whole.” – Buddha quotes that love is a gift from one person’s soul to another. It is only through love that two people can become one.
- “Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.” – To restrict hatred, you cannot hate, you need to spread love and hatred will not exist anymore.
On The Mind
- “There is nothing as disobedient as an undisciplined mind, and there is nothing as obedient as a disciplined mind.” – An undisciplined mind is the most disobedient mind and vice-versa.
- “We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.” – It is our thoughts which manipulate us. A pure soul with noble thoughts is the happiest person.
- Nothing can harm you as much as your own thoughts unguarded.” – Buddha says that only our evil and unguarded thoughts have the power to harm us.
These quotes are inspirational, motivational and life changing too. They have helped us shape our lives before and will continue to do so.